June 11, 2021
Principal Investigator successfully completed an ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) course Introduction to Fraud Examination. Investigator previously completed the earlier edition of this course several years ago.
This course covers the basics of fraud examination by focusing on the major areas including criminology and ethics, legal elements of fraud, fraudulent financial transactions and fraud investigation. Introduction to Fraud Examination is the perfect introductory course for someone new to or unfamiliar with the anti-fraud profession, and provides a comprehensive review for experts in the field.
Introduction to Fraud Examination features 10 hours of footage which includes expert narration and interviews with convicted fraudsters.
The 17 video segments include:
- Introduction with Dr. Joseph T. Wells, CFE, CPA – 45:02
- Causes of Fraud – 24:22
- Planning the Investigation – 24:41
- Legal Elements of Fraud – 37:18
- Management’s and Auditor’s Responsibilities – 37:34
- Legal Issues – 27:31
- Fraud Schemes – 38:41
- Sources of Information – 28:20
- Financial Statement Fraud – 38:57
- Interviewing Prospective Witnesses – 45:08
- Rules of Evidence – 23:36
- Evaluating Deception – 42:29
- Analyzing and Managing Financial Information – 18:17
- Admission Seeking Interviews – 42:11
- Prevention of Fraud – 31:47
- Testifying – 31:32
- Signed Statements & Report Writing – 30:10